I continue to be blown away about how the every week matches with real life events. I hit a wall this week of exhaustion, with everything going on in life I just felt a little done. That is never a great place to be in. However, the Lord will never leave you alone. On Wednesday nights I work in the temple as an ordinance worker and I was thinking about life and some of the recent struggles in life. I also thought about class and had the overwhelming feeling that I needed to find balance in my life.
I have a hard time with balance because I feel like there is always too much to do and I have a really really hard time saying no to things. I loved the quote about saying no in the video with Randy Komisar; "Never put yourself in a situation where you can't say no." I have always struggled with this principle and it is starting to take its toll. I am coming to a realization that it is vital to prioritize life and recognize our true stewardships. We also have to have a focus on service but also take the moment to take care of ourselves. I am learning that when we don't take care of ourselves we cannot truly help take care of others around us. It is a hard lesson to learn but it is vital to progression.
I really loved the lessons of this week and hope to work hard to apply them in my life. I want to follow the council of President Monson with his formula for success. These are the things I want to aim for with my business ideas. I know that the application in these things will help me find help with life and balance. It will also help me as I work for my dreams!
We also read the "Attitude of Money." I learned a lot from that as well. I have always been intrigued by money and very cautious with money. I used to never ever spend money but over time I have become a little more lax. Honestly, I feared money for a long time but now I see it as a tool that can be used for good. In the "Attitude of Money" I especially enjoyed the rules behind wise use of money. I love the concept of including the Lord and commandments in money dealings. That way it helps keep things under better control. I also love the planning part. I think money planning and budgeting is so key to success. Money is something that also has to looked at with balance and caution but it is also important.
No comments:
Post a Comment