First off I feel like the quote from Woody Allen: "Eighty percent of life is showing up." That summed up some of my greatest learning this week. I have been really struggling with my schedule and all the things I have to do. In almost every aspect of my life right now I feel like I am somehow falling behind or just not doing good enough. This quote helped with the reminder that showing up a lot of the success. I know that we are our own worst critics and that we are often times doing better than we think we are, but it is still difficult to see at times. Especially when it comes to my dreams of Joy2theJourney. I don't feel that I put the time I need and want into this grand dream, but right now I need to just show up for a little while.
Another thing I really loved from this week was the Small "L" leadership. I have always loved that example of leadership with its greatest example, Jesus Christ. I think leadership and discipleship are some of my favorite things to learn about and most important to apply correctly. Recently we have add some issues at work with people I do not feel are using the small "L" leadership. There are too many people trying to control the situation and we are not doing what is needed for the students. There is tension and the students are starting to act out because of it. The example being set is not a good one, the vision is being lost, and the love that is so vital is not being demonstrated a Christ like way.
I hope to take the lessons from these situations and apply them in my own leadership. Right now I am a Para-educator, so my job is to assist the teacher and to follow their council on what is best for the students. In many ways learning to be humble and learning to follow has made me a better leader and better at handling rough situations. I hope that I can work to be a light to there people and work to keep the example pure, vision clear, and Christ like love in the situation!
No comments:
Post a Comment