Saturday, February 25, 2017

You Can Do It...

I think what stood out to me most this week was the reminder that you can do it and to never give up. I especially liked the comparison of Nephi and building the boat. It is an excellent reminder that when we dream and go for big things there will always be those who doubt. Often times we are our own worst enemy and we doubt ourselves more than anyone. I loved the reminders through this week to not give up, not doubt, and not worry about what the world thinks.

This week I went to an amazing play called "The Book of Will." It was an amazing play about the last of the King's Men who were Shakespeare's actors and dear friends. After Shakespeare's death there were issues in the acting community with other company's stealing his work and the plays written by Shakespeare slowly disappearing as his men died off. So his dear friends worked to put together his works in a Folio of what we have today. Through the play they portrayed the difficulty of putting together such a program. It was incredible to see the events that fell into place for the great works of Shakespeare to come together.

I have to say that it really hit me as I thought of my own efforts to fulfill my dreams. Sometimes things seem impossible but they are doable with the right people and the right determination. Not to mention the incredible miracles that come with a strong relationship and devotion to our Heavenly Father. We can do incredible things when we rely on a higher power. In the play they had some powerful moments as they felt the impossible of their task but in a powerful moment in the theatre they found a divine connection that gave them the spirit to complete their task.

I hope to apply these lessons and find the re-boot I need to not be dragged down by the doubt and to rely on the Lord to help me through my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment