Saturday, February 4, 2017

Find your center...




So this week was a week of mastery... I also happened to watch one of my favorite movies "The Guardians." In that movie those characters we always thought fictional are brought to new light as guardians of all the worlds children. In the Movie Jack Frost is called to be a guardian and is hesitant and rejects the idea at first. However, through the duration of the movie he finds himself and his call, or as Santa puts it his "center."

I really love that thought and the concept behind it. I feel like this is a good example of "Mastery" as was part of the focus in class this week. As we journey along the path of mastery, we journey on the path to finding our "center." It is not an easy path but the difficulty is well worth the effort. When we find our "center" we find our purpose which helps lead to our mission. In the movie Jack Frost finds that his is fun, I often feel that I am far from total discovery of my center, but I would say that I want my center to be JOY! I love joy and I have a deep desire to bring joy to the world, mostly through service and education. My path is only beginning but bringing joy to others is how I feel closer to that abundant life that we read about in the book "The Ministry of Business." 

Along with the continuation of self discovery I also found great wealth in the revelation I received about the need to involve other in my dreams and work. I have fears of sharing the things I want to do, I fear sharing about Joy2theJourney. I fear being rejected, I fear that they will judge my ideas and my dreams. I need to find humility in my dreams, I need to put away the pride of what the world thinks and focus on my Heavenly Father and what I feel is my call. I also need to involve others in order to move forward. I need to learn from them and out away the pride. 

I also really enjoyed the video of the hero's journey. I loved the feeling and inspirations I felt as I seek the desire to have a meaningful life. I love the quote about living every moment like it matters. He even discussed involving others, which has been a big awe-ha recently. Then there were the inspired three questions:

Have I contributed something meaningful? 
Was I a good person?
Who did I love and who loved me?

I want to make goals to make these questions worthwhile in my life and the lives of those around me. I am hope to start a journal soon to see where I stand with those questions at this point in my life. 

Last thing that really hit me was the challenge to ask those around me what I am an expert at? The results thus far were very humbling and very loving. I want to keep asking and see what else I can find. I will ask those I love what I do better than anyone else in the world? 

There were so many other great things in that video that I am hoping to apply in my life... What a great week as the journey continues to find my center! 

No comments:

Post a Comment