I have to admit, sometimes it is a difficulty to be 25 in the LDS faith and still single. There is a culture and mentality that tells you that you are somehow breaking the commandments by not being married yet. The advice given in some of the recent videos and readings was a good personal reminder that perhaps I am still single for a reason. Maybe this is a prime time to take for starting my own business. Either way I am called back to the words in 1 Nephi of "his own due time." A sweet reminder that no matter what the situation is, there is a higher plan. I taught a lesson in Relief Society last week about time management. We talked about physical time management and spiritual time management. I came to the realization once again that when we do the things in our power to prepare physical time then things will work out in spiritual time. Things will work out the way they are supposed to when we are doing our part. Often times the paths that come our way are not what we expect but when we are doing our part they are just what we need.
I do think that family will ultimately be a main focus in my Joy2theJourney efforts but for now I need a little more personal mastery. I also need to use the networking and family I have now to keep moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment