I really enjoyed the readings this week, especially the talk by Gordon B. Hinkley called "Stand True and Faithful." I especially liked the section that talked about staying true to yourself. I feel like that is one of the biggest issues that face our world today. There are few that are truly comfortable in their own skin and proud of the person that they are meant to be. We live in a world of faces, there are different faces for different groups and occasions. We often get so lost in trying to impress the world and forget where our true allegiance lies.
This week we were also instructed to write a book report on the book "Mastery" by
I appreciated this book and the tools and ideas offered for self mastery. I hope to work to apply its principles in my own life.
What stood out to me the most in the book "Mastery" for this particular week was all of the tools for success on the path of mastery. Also, the reminder to learn to love the plateaus that life brings. The book discuses how in different situations and times in life we hit times when we are doing really well and at an incline. Then we have our times where we hit a plateau. We can either give up on our task and call it a loss or find patience, lessons, and keep moving forward for when we hit another rise. I have had many moments of plateaus in my life and it hasn't always been easy to love them. However, I have always found great joy in them later, only when I stick to my course.
One plateau that still rings fresh in my mind was on my mission. I was called to serve in Brazil but ended up waiting for fourteen months in Virginia for a visa. Ultimately, I did make it to Brazil for my final four months. Not without a time of what I thought was a bit of a plateau. I am pleased to say that I feel I made the best of the situation and I found valuable lessons that I would never change.
Now, here I am having been home for just over two years and plateaus are still coming strong. Recently I have been feeling a little low and little stuck in life. Last week I interviewed for a different position to ensure more stability in my current school. Unfortunately, I did not get the position which was a little rough at first. They explained to me that I was too good with where I was to be moved to that different position. I am still worried about what may happen with my job but I have confidence that I will be put where I need be. I hope to love these plateaus and learn from them so that I can always keep moving forward!
No comments:
Post a Comment