Saturday, January 28, 2017
More Self Reflection...
This week has been a crazy week but another great one for learning! I really love how the things that are happening in real life can be applied to the things we are learning in our studies. I know that is not an accident.
This week in my life there has been some changes. First off, at work there has been some issues with moving paras around in the district, because I am the most recent hire, I am at the bottom for transferring. Here's the thing, I really love the school I am working at and can't really move because it would make my commute into work almost two hours. With all of this I have decided to apply for a one on one position with a student with extra needs so I can stay at the school. He is an adorable kid and I love working with him. He will be a lot of work due to medical needs and his size. Along with that change has been some others, including my new calling as first councilor in the Relief Society which will add new adventure for sure. There have been other changes, challenges, and struggles.
Through the lessons of this week I have received reminders that I need to keep moving forward. Most of all, I need to trust the Lord and remember the wise words to put God first in all I do. I also need to apply the principles found in The Ministry of Business. I really loved that book and it's teachings. I loved the ideas of combining business and the principles of the gospel to ultimately find success. With all of the recent changes and some of my recent struggles I have been reminded through my reading of The Ministry of Business that all these things and hold backs are for a reason, though the reason may not be known right now. Sometime in the future I am sure there will be lessons and opportunities that will bring blessings, but only if I make the choice to learn.
I also really enjoyed the assignment to write a personal essay. It was a good reminder of who I am and what I working to become. Becoming was a big part of my mission. Our mission president often referred to us reaching our potential to become more. I sometimes feel stuck and I feel a re-awakening from these sorts of assignments and revelation that I am not alone and that I am not doing too bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment